A&R Associate (Product)
View below the job description in addition to the application form.
Mavin is looking to hire an Artist & Repertoire Associate (Product) whose role is to nurture the growth trajectory of an artist and their music, through innovative development tactics and strategies. His or her role is to identify and deploy growth initiatives for various projects across the roaster.
You will be tasked with product design and specifications, industry and market selection, target market and product placement ideas if applicable. It’s also your responsibility to manage the development and improvement of existing products and services, to better meet user needs.
Our ideal candidate will work closely with our Director of A&R to ensure our growth goals are aligned with the business
Just so you know
- The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change, and the jobholder’s specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be indicative and not as a permanent, definitive, and exhaustive statement.
Here's What You Will be doing
- Create and manage the new product development pipeline portfolio, to ensure successive annual roll-outs of high performing products/projects to achieve the year’s plan growth targets.
- Gathers the raw materials necessary to build or create the product being developed.
- Performs research analysis to determine the best way to develop/grow old and new products.
- Prepare reports on the various procedures that have been tried to eliminate unsuccessful methods.
- Presents growth initiatives for the first 3 phases of each artists’ project or release cycle.
- Work closely with the digital and distribution campaigns for new products.
- Strategically thinking of the next steps for high performing tracks.
- Prepares a cost analysis associated with each growth phase.
- Pivoting when necessary in a development plan whenever the current idea is not working well.
- Monitoring/tracking key metrics of each development from one release cycle/project to another.
- Continuous pitching of our high performing tracks.
Bring your Vibe
- A degree in a relevant field
- Strong network or community in the music industry
- Must possess good problem-solving abilities and people skills.
- Strong salesmanship attributes
- Can troubleshoot issues and determine the cause of a plan’s success or failure
- Stays current with the latest trends in the music industry
- Keeps up to date with changes in the market and technology that would affect new product development
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team.
- Impeccable eye for details and ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- A degree in a relevant field.
- Data analysis skills is an added advantage.
- Ability to work under pressure and manage multiple streams of work.
- Excellent working knowledge of software such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.
How we work
We love working async and this means you get to do your schedule. We empower ownership and proactivity and when in doubt default to action/asking instead of waiting.
Kindly fill in accurate information