Business Development Associate
View below the job description in addition to the application form.
Mavin is looking for an energetic Business Development Associate, with previous experience, to join their growing team and help build the business with our partners, brands and with new production industries and beyond. Supported by the partnership team, this role is an exciting opportunity for someone passionate about music, sound and culture.
Our ideal candidate has a good network and an impressive understanding of the media and entertainment space in Nigeria and beyond. This candidate will be a “builder” with the ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial and growing company.
To be successful as a business development associate, you should be adept at negotiating business deals and able to make sound decisions that will benefit the company. Ultimately, an exceptional business development associate should have strong business acumen as well as demonstrate excellent management, communication, and analytical skills.
- Follow necessary procedures for Mavin to sell its products and services in major countries around the world and to perform required client relations duties.
- Managing contract negotiations and processes
- Manage and expand the local client base, responsible for delivering regional targets
- Willing to acquaint yourself with the company’s vision and mission, seeking to accomplish set goals and objectives.
- Assist with drafting business plans, sales pitches, presentations, reference material, and other documents as required.
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently and meet deadlines.
- Constantly be looking for new business opportunities, and learning new company products and services to represent them to the market
- Contribute to the development of Mavin’s product and service offerings through reporting requirements and requests back to the internal team
- Qualifying and researching prospective partners and industry segments
- Provide monthly/quarterly reports on new business opportunities, trends and insight into product development and competitive positioning.
Just so you know
- The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change, and the jobholder’s specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be indicative and not as a permanent, definitive, and exhaustive statement.
What do we expect?
- Bring your vibe
- Appreciable network of clients in the creative industry preferably with 2+ years in a similar role
- Global business mindset
- Impressive project management and organisation skills
- Strong working background in a sales role within the wider creative / media/production/music/advertising industry
- Comfortable presenting and pitching to clients and potential clients
- Good background involving account management or working with clients directly.
- Strong passion for music and innovation
- An interest in the future of media, brands, entertainment, tech.
- Excellent communication, negotiation and networking skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree is required in Business Administration/management
- Excellent communication skills- written and verbal, excellent organisational skills, and high attention to details
Kindly fill in accurate information