View below the job description in addition to the application form.
Mavin is looking to hire a Data Analyst to join our team. You will take responsibility for managing our master data set, developing reports, and troubleshooting data issues. To do well in this role you need a fine eye for detail with a strong ability to tell a good story with numbers and presentations and a deep understanding of the music data analysis tools and databases.
The successful candidate can blend creativity and analysis with ease and has a history of effectively communicating analytical results to a variety of stakeholders. This individual is comfortable brainstorming out-of-the-box ideas and enjoys blue sky thinking about unorthodox ways to create value. Mavin is a company that values self-empowerment, curiosity, accountability, and collaboration.
- Manipulate, analyse and interpret complex data sets relating to the business.
- Regular review of the streaming performance for select artists to determine actionable insights and communicate with the team for strategic planning and tactical execution.
- Conduct routine database management tasks, complex analytical projects, project presentations, and participation in interdepartmental teams.
- Brainstorm with the relevant teams to synthesize and test hypotheses about listener behaviour and artist streaming performance.
- Collect, manage, analyze, and visualize large datasets across multiple data sources.
- Create and maintain cross-company reporting deliverables and dashboards based on agreed KPIs.
- Evaluate deal performance by analyzing actual results and tracking against plans and forecasts
- Constant re-evaluation of past work, looking for ways to continuously iterate and improve the products
- Building data visualizations and case studies
- Tell a story based on your analysis
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of DSP product offerings, market conditions, and industry trends.
- Build reports, dashboards and compelling presentations to communicate data and metrics
Just so you know
- The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change, and the jobholder’s specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be indicative and not as a permanent, definitive, and exhaustive statement.
We aim to have a best-in-class analytics team by continuously investing in innovative roles that support our evolution in the digital space. Our Data Analyst will support our artist projects through data analysis, surfacing findings and insights to assist in decision making and strategic planning.
Bring your Vibe
- A background in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Information Management, or Economics.
- 1-2 years of experience in a comparable role
- Technical proficiency regarding database design development, data models, techniques for data mining, and segmentation.
- Innately curious– the department is driven by an underlying desire to understand what causes what, and we are constantly searching for insights in unexpected places. You have a history of asking “why” and finding the answer!
- Tremendous communication skills – must be able to communicate insights to non-analytical, non-technical stakeholders, and must be confident presenting and defending your findings and insights in front of large groups.
- Highly adaptable – we are nimble, and it’s imperative that team members can anticipate and adapt to changing project expectations and scope.
- Autonomous & entrepreneurial – you are in control of your position and can quickly assess a new challenge and determine a solution with minimal direction. You are self-motivated to learn and grow, and you quickly scope and solve problems with minimal direction.
- Innovative – constantly looking for a better way to complete various tasks
- Familiarity and experience with Databases and SQL
- Extremely comfortable with Excel and Tableau (or similar data visualization programs)
- Knowledge of database management processes and best practices
- Experience with data reporting and visualization software
Kindly fill in accurate information