View below the job description in addition to the application form.
Mavin is looking for an impeccable Accountant to work closely with and report to our Director of Finance. You will be tasked with maintaining fidelity, transparency and accountability of financial transactions.
- Maintain records on Quickbook
- Maintain VAT and WHT schedules
- Monthly filing of VAT, WHT and NSITF
- File and obtain relevant compliance certificates such as Pension, ITF and NSITF compliance certificates
- Prepare balance sheet reconciliations
- Raise invoices and follow up with clients for payment
- Assist in budgets preparation
- Prepare monthly management accounts with quantitative and qualitative analysis
- Prepare intercompany reconciliations
- Liaise with external auditors on year end financial and tax audits
- Review existing financial policies, create new processes and procedures where necessary to ensure best practices
- Other duties as assigned
- BSc degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics
- Must be a chartered accountant- ACA or ACCA.
- At least 4 years experience working as a finance associate.
- Good knowledge of Accounting, Taxation and IFRS
- Intermediate to Advanced MS Excel proficiency
- Proficient in QuickBooks
- Organisational and time management skills
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills.
- Impressive analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Attention to detail and is able to perform without supervision.
How we work
We love working async and this means you get to do your schedule. We empower ownership and proactivity and when in doubt default to action/asking instead of waiting.
Kindly fill in accurate information